Thursday, July 15, 2010

Mistletoe State Park


We landed for the evening on the second day of vacation at Mistletoe State Park just north of Augusta Georgia. It was tremendously hot and humid, but it was nice to land in such a beautiful location. I thought we would take a walk after dinner, but I found that I was so tired that we went to bed shortly after dinner to rest.

In the morning, I took a walk (still warm and humid). I got to watch the sun rise, an egret searching for his morning feast, a group of 5 deer feeding along the lake some turtles, a woodpecker and a squirrel who scurried up to me as if I might have a handout for him.

I sat and watched the lake for a while anre realized in my frenzied pace of life, I miss out on a lot of simple joys. I never would have noticed the turtles heads above the surface of the water if I had been in a hurry. Stopping to enjoy simple pleasures was exactly what I needed. There is still much to be done, but today there is time to have a little refreshment.

No comments: