Monday, October 1, 2007

In Honor of Kenny


24 years ago, I married a man who turned my world upside down. God must have known that an extreme personality such as my own required another extreme personality to come along side it to bring balance to my life.
Kenny first impressed me by his complete spontaneity. He quickly acts on impulse and when we were dating would convince me to take my entire paycheck and blow it on a trip to Niagara Falls for a day. He would on his way to his grandparents for a dinner travel by way of several out of the way towns, just for the trip of it all.
Kenny is completely impulsive and compulsive. The object of his attention has his complete passion. There is no such thing as 100% with this man, he is 150% all the way. All other things that are not the focal point of his attention must be sidelined in favor of his passion.
Kenny allows no obstacles to hinder his passions. No boundaries, nothing to stop him. He is beyond strong willed and it has allowed him to do some remarkable things in his life. Without this tenacity, he certainly would never have completed Nuclear Power School and would never have taken on seemingly impossible projects and seen them to their completion.
Kenny is extremely loyal and defends those he loves with great vigor. When they suffer, he takes it personally and suffers with them. He cares deeply and takes his responsibilities seriously.
I am grateful that the Lord has allowed me to see life through a completely different set of eyes than my own and I have grown so much as a Christian by learning to completely trust in only God's provision for my needs, physical and emotional. Without a strong willed person to counter my own, I certainly would not have learned to trust and lean on Christ the way I have. Kenny has taught me how to really love someone not based on merit but based on grace. Loving by grace is the only true love.
Thank you Kenny, you are the person God created for my husband, and I am looking forward to all the years ahead of us and how God will continue to develop us as we grow in grace and knowledge. Without you in my life, I certainly would have never grown to this point. God has used you mightily in my life and I am forever grateful.

No comments: